Not logged in

[Log in]

[Register]

someone is taking the sprites

Dark Love

hellos well i joined a p sever today and was saprized to fined out that the GM has been taking ppl sprites and useing them for there RO. i have took a SS and most of you will see your sprite in there /omg

Webfighter

Whee there is my Wizard
^^'

mc_kugelfang

thanks you didnt rename the image..brightro, huh? <<

Naki

LOL WTF o_o Sorry, but something has to be done there...
Naki - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
NaIa - 99/50 Assassin
Naiy - 7x/4x Assassin
Baby Naki - 7x/4x Baby Assassin
Navu - xx/xx Thief

Webfighter

I joined there IRC Channel~ That's what mainly was said:
<@Tribal> I don't see "Ask permission to use" anywhere
<@Tribal> Or at least not clear enough.
^^'

Doggy

we WebFighter said there is no copywrite area as Naki just posted 1 min ago is bs and dosn't apply to Brightro so drop this subject lock it or delete it dosn't matter and -----------> ur emotions are stolen from gravity i should report u i have a screeny have fun bye bye leave brightro alone

Webfighter

olololol ;> Hope this stupid server goes down soon
btw: It doesn't matter if there is a disclaimer or not ~> you aren't allowed to use images (made by others) without asking permission
^^'

Naki

Webfighter is right; it's a common rule that images posted by others may not be used without permission, else I would have posted a specific disclaimer way earlier already. Plus, pservers are illegal, so legal sprite edits are used for illegal purposes -> byebye, pserver.
Naki - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
NaIa - 99/50 Assassin
Naiy - 7x/4x Assassin
Baby Naki - 7x/4x Baby Assassin
Navu - xx/xx Thief

mc_kugelfang

Doggy wrote:
we WebFighter said there is no copywrite area as Naki just posted 1 min ago is bs and dosn't apply to Brightro so drop this subject lock it or delete it dosn't matter and -----------> ur emotions are stolen from gravity i should report u i have a screeny have fun bye bye leave brightro alone


heh do so.. and give them the brightro addy too, the'll be pleased as hell i bet

i think mr smartpants didnt understand what copyright laws are..
so here a small summary for all the retards playing with their dingelings:
copyright laws are split up in several agreements under which the provided material can be used
in the most strict way, the work isnt even allowed to be duplicated..
since ro is free software, this doesnt seem to be that way (images CAN be duplicated!)
but it is prohibited to edit the source code and build up something on your own without any relation to bhi or gravity
modifications on games are allowed, as they are planned from software provider...this term is NOT given here, since there are no legal servers running with private modifications

BUT! modifications of images for non-commercial use are allowed in ANY game
using of names images or characters for commercial purpose can be ONLY done by buying franchise rights and giving credits (without it, the game "rbo" from french bread wouldnt exist)

but using (in this case of a pserver it is even editing, since you modify the data and the environment) of not given free materials of this page provided by several persons is prohibited
eighter way if they are protected by organisations like "creatice commons" (that set up distributing limitations depending on the creators will) or not - if something is not 100% titulated as ffu - you can copy, but not use it

Naki

Seems Mr. Doggy shuts up now =/
Naki - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
NaIa - 99/50 Assassin
Naiy - 7x/4x Assassin
Baby Naki - 7x/4x Baby Assassin
Navu - xx/xx Thief

Naki

I'm trying to contact admins of that server via IRC atm, but no one there...
Naki - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
NaIa - 99/50 Assassin
Naiy - 7x/4x Assassin
Baby Naki - 7x/4x Baby Assassin
Navu - xx/xx Thief

Naki

(23:02:03) 2(@Tribal`Away2)1 02(121602:121102:124502) 02(02~Bright02) 10*14Laughs10*
(23:02:07) 2(@Tribal`Away2)1 02(121602:121102:124602) 02(02~Bright02) Tribal
(23:02:12) 2(@Tribal`Away2)1 02(121602:121102:125602) 02(02~Bright02) i told those guys i didnt jack their sprites...
(23:02:17) 2(@Tribal`Away2)1 02(121602:121202:120702) 02(02~Bright02) someone posted 100 npcs on eathea forums...
(23:02:17) 2(@BrightBOT2)1 9,1http://s7.invisionfree.com/BrightRO
(23:02:17) 2(@BrightBOT2)1 dont forget to check out the personals ;D
(23:02:24) 2(@Tribal`Away2)1 02(121602:121202:121302) 02(02~Bright02) so i got iot from there
(23:02:34) 2(@Tribal`Away2)1 So I guess your sprites are on the eathena forums.

Tribal quoted this from Bright, the owner of the server. I try to find out more.
Naki - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
NaIa - 99/50 Assassin
Naiy - 7x/4x Assassin
Baby Naki - 7x/4x Baby Assassin
Navu - xx/xx Thief

Naki

Posted in the eAthena forums:

http://eathena.deltaanime.net/board/index.php?showtopic=51875
Naki - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
NaIa - 99/50 Assassin
Naiy - 7x/4x Assassin
Baby Naki - 7x/4x Baby Assassin
Navu - xx/xx Thief

Naki

Posted in the eAthena forums:

http://eathena.deltaanime.net/board/index.php?showtopic=51875
Naki - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
NaIa - 99/50 Assassin
Naiy - 7x/4x Assassin
Baby Naki - 7x/4x Baby Assassin
Navu - xx/xx Thief

mc_kugelfang

whooo scary...
luckily, i recently lost my 13year-old-aol-kiddie translator, so i have no idea what you are talking about and what kind of language that actually is supposed to be.. :)

Rawr

looks like u nubs need a lil lecture. what makes u think u can talk bout copyright "OMGGG HE JACKED MY SPRITE"? Gravity is a company that has licensed its stuff under its name so yea u have a point bout Gravity. However, do u have "ur sprites" licensed to ur name or company? As far as i can see this is just a forum of "a collection of sprites" meaning kids posting their fabulous works of art on a forums. This does not mean in any way that you can talk bout "copyrights" that your getting ur sprites jacked. If you can say that you actually have "copyrights" meaning 1) Your 18 years old so you can get one 2) And you got a laywer to get you that copyright to ur "sprites", then you can talk bout how you got jacked kid.

mc_kugelfang

Rawr wrote:
looks like u nubs need a lil lecture. what makes u think u can talk bout copyright "OMGGG HE JACKED MY SPRITE"? Gravity is a company that has licensed its stuff under its name so yea u have a point bout Gravity. However, do u have "ur sprites" licensed to ur name or company? As far as i can see this is just a forum of "a collection of sprites" meaning kids posting their fabulous works of art on a forums. This does not mean in any way that you can talk bout "copyrights" that your getting ur sprites jacked. If you can say that you actually have "copyrights" meaning 1) Your 18 years old so you can get one 2) And you got a laywer to get you that copyright to ur "sprites", then you can talk bout how you got jacked kid.


http://eathena.deltaanime.net/board/index.php?showtopic=51875

just...read it

aw.. and even people <18 can employ a lawyer and copyrights (though this shoudnt be the matter, not everyone on the internet is you age ;) )
and you dont get a copyright by a lawyer, you already got it first case

hmm regarding the posts above..explaining this to a monkey would be more worth the effort.. :)

Rawr

ummm cool thx i mean that thread basically proves my point bout how futile and ignorant ur accusations of "copyrights""stolen sprites" are. most of those posts are destroying ur arguement on being jacked. Do u ask for permission for everything u dl or save from the internet? take ur avatar for expample. Unless you custom made it urself 100%, did u ask permission for the pics u used to make it? No, and the fact is you didnt cause well they didnt say you need it. Dont go making accusations when you have ur things out in the public, unprotected. Like someone in that thread said, you should have stopped it from the start. Dont make them public (so it can be saved) and make them ask for permission do be able to dl them. make a system, like only letting them see a mini icon of it first and then only give them the real deal after u give them permission. if u dont have any system to enforce the rule of "no permission no use", then ur simply just a "google images" site but for sprites. ppl are bound to save/use so take that dildo out of ur ass and stop bitching.

ROFL! I haven't seen one of you say "I'm taking this person to court". Stop whining and don't post your stuff on the internet or expect to be jacked...

Naki

Wow, really shows how mature eAthena users are ^^
Naki - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
NaIa - 99/50 Assassin
Naiy - 7x/4x Assassin
Baby Naki - 7x/4x Baby Assassin
Navu - xx/xx Thief

Naki

I was in brightRO IRC channel once again and I have to say everyone there except for Tribal and MrAssassin are immature bitches and RL suckers. Especially Bright herself.

Sorry for the immature flame, but it's seriously and sadly true.

All I wanted and did was asking for pserver owners to remove the sprites taken from and it ended in a flamewar. There was no offence in my eAthena posts, neither here - until now ^^
Naki - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
NaIa - 99/50 Assassin
Naiy - 7x/4x Assassin
Baby Naki - 7x/4x Baby Assassin
Navu - xx/xx Thief

NoKey

No.. this is just how Pserver players are.
as for eAthena ;( Only retards like the ones who don't even know how to run a server and has to "take" ideas from others
Retired - Butterfly of Aureus

smellypants

its even more retarded when they try to claim it as their own *ahem naki

smellypants

Naki

eAthena thread got locked which is ok since this really leads nowhere.

okay guys getting rediculous. the people that are using these sprites. please remove them. i have no idea where they are....so i am not going to go looking (have too much to do as it is) but i am closing this thread. i didn't even know that site existed til now though..pretty cool. i might post some stuff...though mine is pretty much all public now o_o

to all those people not wanting your sprites taken....i'm very sorry to say this, but it's nearly pointless. i tried to keep my sprites from people myself....but...it just doesn't work as well as it should. people ar enot honest or kind (in generall...there are good people out there).

so please. remove these if you have them posted on here.

and at nak...i put it here because the sprite forum is for completes/WIP sprites...not complaints about people using ones they shouldn't ;p

anyway...closed...people are just going to argue and flame.


Quote from the mod who closed the thread. May I say welcome to one more sprites poster at CRSC? ;)
I have the link to the thread where our sprites have been posted: http://eathena.deltaanime.net/board/index.php?showtopic=45692

Maybe someone knows that guy, I will write him a PN and ask him to remove the sprites - which was all I wanted. Well, we did not start the flame war.

And for all CRSC users: Please stop the flames, let them talk. ^^
Naki - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
NaIa - 99/50 Assassin
Naiy - 7x/4x Assassin
Baby Naki - 7x/4x Baby Assassin
Navu - xx/xx Thief

mister

Just to add my 2 cents on this whole deal, I've looked around your site for some time now, and nowhere have I found where it explicitly states that the use of your sprites is non-permissible. If you could perhaps navigate me from the main page, then it will be helpful.

Other than that, I highly suggest you add Copyrights on pretty much every page of your website, and make a sticky topic on your forums regarding the sprites you and the others make. This will help avoid any further conflict in the future. It is not the fault of Bright that she used your sprites without your permission. In fact, it is entirely your fault for not controlling the distribution of your sprites (Yes there are ways to prevent this from happening).

NoKey

IP ban noharcrowfosho and smellypants please in fact give me their IPs
;( im sure their computers need reformating
Retired - Butterfly of Aureus

NoKey

proxy IP can work too ;)
Iv done it before
Retired - Butterfly of Aureus

Simn

Why does this have to happen while I'm on vacation? And why am I a retard and didn't include a Delete button? x)

Anyway, I cleaned up the worst crap. And yes, I do log IP addresses of every posting here. So please, spare us the trouble and stop that crap. =/

nekov

Hehe yall are silly ^^ if you dont want your sprites taken, then just put a watermark stamp on them and make it so that no one can actually take it. xD Besides yes i do agree taking sprites is wrong unless you ask, but if you bish about it then its your own fault for posting them, you can avoid it by making it unable to be used/taken xD. Like posting a sample with a watermark making it hard to see and then having people pm you asking permission if they can see the full thing.

Besides i'm greatful people use my sprites. But most people are just being immature. Unless the person using the sprites claims them as their own and dosent give the proper credit to the creator>> that stealing b...er...person can go to hell *glares* XD

RegalKain

NoKey wrote:
No.. this is just how Pserver players are.
as for eAthena ;( Only retards like the ones who don't even know how to run a server and has to "take" ideas from others


I find that personally offensive actually. <_< (BTW my apologies for poking this two year old thread, stumbled upon it browsing sites to re-find my stuff to make RO Sprites. Lame computer wipes I swear.) I've played on Private servers for some 7 years, and even dabbled on official, didn't like it for two reasons

A: WAY to over crowded for my tastes, sorry I don't want to walk into any dungeon and see 15 people spaced out to spawn camp any monster that pops up. That is not fun, it's worse then WoW or FF11, seriously.

B: It got to slow to do in terms of doing real life as well, a job, bills issues and what not tend to take up alot of a person's time, we don't all have months and years to get somewhere.

To the matter at hand here. All information on the internet unless specifically stated or posted somewhere on that site is free to use. Sadly there is no way to stop this save locking all of the information, then anyone with a brain can STILL rip it. That's just the way it works. While it is BS they stole it. IT happens, MOST private servers I have played have been owned and run by really cool people. They "May" take stuff but they will.

Edit*: Artwork (Not computer artwork mind you, but actual artwork that is uploaded) Is considered copy righted upon creation, as such it is illegal to steal, digitally altered artwork however does not count as instantly copy righted.

A: Ask first, and if you say yes they WILL credit you, even if you don't ask them to.

B: Not claim it as their own trying to be cool.

So no not all pserver players are childish, bitchy or thieves. Infact if you ever played one and got to know some cool people, you'd see the good ones are really laid back and full of RO Knowledge and card combos. We may not play official but we still love our Ragnacrack same as you. =)

In any case, once again sorry for resurrecting this really old thread/chain post. But I felt I had to inlight of what NoKey said here and to shed a bit of light on the issue.

On one last note, people not properly copyrighting their information, is how Ragnarok Online was leaked in the first place, Gravity didtry to sue and shut down all private servers at one point. (Though I doubt many remember that as it was 7-8 years back.) However since they did not properly copyright any of their stuff, the case was lost and tossed aside. Which is why while it isn't 100% legal to run a private server, nothing can be done about it anymore. Unless you steal new content that *is* copyrighted.

Cheers
~Regal

D.W.

RegalKain wrote:
NoKey wrote:
No.. this is just how Pserver players are.
as for eAthena ;( Only retards like the ones who don't even know how to run a server and has to "take" ideas from others


I find that personally offensive actually. <_< (BTW my apologies for poking this two year old thread, stumbled upon it browsing sites to re-find my stuff to make RO Sprites. Lame computer wipes I swear.) I've played on Private servers for some 7 years, and even dabbled on official, didn't like it for two reasons

A: WAY to over crowded for my tastes, sorry I don't want to walk into any dungeon and see 15 people spaced out to spawn camp any monster that pops up. That is not fun, it's worse then WoW or FF11, seriously.

B: It got to slow to do in terms of doing real life as well, a job, bills issues and what not tend to take up alot of a person's time, we don't all have months and years to get somewhere.

To the matter at hand here. All information on the internet unless specifically stated or posted somewhere on that site is free to use. Sadly there is no way to stop this save locking all of the information, then anyone with a brain can STILL rip it. That's just the way it works. While it is BS they stole it. IT happens, MOST private servers I have played have been owned and run by really cool people. They "May" take stuff but they will.

Edit*: Artwork (Not computer artwork mind you, but actual artwork that is uploaded) Is considered copy righted upon creation, as such it is illegal to steal, digitally altered artwork however does not count as instantly copy righted.

A: Ask first, and if you say yes they WILL credit you, even if you don't ask them to.

B: Not claim it as their own trying to be cool.

So no not all pserver players are childish, bitchy or thieves. Infact if you ever played one and got to know some cool people, you'd see the good ones are really laid back and full of RO Knowledge and card combos. We may not play official but we still love our Ragnacrack same as you. =)

In any case, once again sorry for resurrecting this really old thread/chain post. But I felt I had to inlight of what NoKey said here and to shed a bit of light on the issue.

On one last note, people not properly copyrighting their information, is how Ragnarok Online was leaked in the first place, Gravity didtry to sue and shut down all private servers at one point. (Though I doubt many remember that as it was 7-8 years back.) However since they did not properly copyright any of their stuff, the case was lost and tossed aside. Which is why while it isn't 100% legal to run a private server, nothing can be done about it anymore. Unless you steal new content that *is* copyrighted.

Cheers
~Regal


eAthena is where I debut and advertise myself, the people I have spoken to on there are cruel, malice, arrogant, fool-hardy, misguided, and harsh. Because of them they alter and edit there opportunities to co-op with spriters, mappers, guides, and gurus to help make a kick ass private server, but now it's all about making donation games now, making free money so that players can have high power items.

The owners and admins do not see any potential in there staff members no faith or loyalty for there spriters, they drool over slightly horrid custom sprites made by leechers and theives who mock-copy lessons and lasso copy and change color to make sprites look "cool". I say this cause I was hired to be some left over back up member with sub gm powers (which I didn't care about).

They come here cause it's there cash cow, there little holy grail or motherload of good talented spriters like us to leech off of. I know you don't want eAthena to be looked as a bad forum, but there community there is controversal.

a17kaliva

Not to take any sides, however the Gravity matter has nothing to do with this matter at all. Gravities files were freely distributed without an expressed terms of use. The only way Gravity can really bring up legalities is if you were Selling the sprites or files that they created or using them to turn a profit on a paid server. The right to use and or edit them was never implied.

Your sprites however, ARE different. However, theres a law somewhere about publicly accessable files also. If you don't have the file specificly stating that it's not to be used for anywhere else other than this site, you wont have a decent enough case for a lawsuit as theres no license agreement to protect your works.

As far as a lawsuit goes, do NOT threaten one unless your prepared to take action. If you were to threaten to sue me and don't take action on it I would Counter Sue you for making threats and or harassment.

This private server is Wrong and gives a bad name to Private servers and the eAthena community in general, However this is something that you will have to expect to happen when you post your work here.

You CAN'T monitor all uses of your sprites, However you can demand express rights and request atleast propper creditability to be given (which is a legality issue).

Lastly, going after a private server is the least of your worries, I suggest everyone start looking at Official servers (PRO in particular).
The authour of this blog has been taking files from custom artists and using them to turn a profit by selling them to the official servers.
http://ro-projectrevolution.blogspot.com/

Reference to this topic, as well as a community to post your artwork, or custom sprites with Expressed rights can be located here http://ro-enhance.net/index.php?showtopic=22325&st=0 (feel free to look around and make sure no one is taking your art and miscrediting you here also.)

~A17kaliva -eAthena Support Leader and Rune Clientside Moderator

Not to take any sides, however the Gravity matter has nothing to do with this matter at all. Gravities files were freely distributed without an expressed terms of use. The only way Gravity can really bring up legalities is if you were Selling the sprites or files that they created or using them to turn a profit on a paid server. The right to use and or edit them was never implied.

Your sprites however, ARE different. However, theres a law somewhere about publicly accessable files also. If you don't have the file specificly stating that it's not to be used for anywhere else other than this site, you wont have a decent enough case for a lawsuit as theres no license agreement to protect your works.

As far as a lawsuit goes, do NOT threaten one unless your prepared to take action. If you were to threaten to sue me and don't take action on it I would Counter Sue you for making threats and or harassment.

This private server is Wrong and gives a bad name to Private servers and the eAthena community in general, However this is something that you will have to expect to happen when you post your work here.

You CAN'T monitor all uses of your sprites, However you can demand express rights and request atleast propper creditability to be given (which is a legality issue).

Lastly, going after a private server is the least of your worries, I suggest everyone start looking at Official servers (PRO in particular).
The authour of this blog has been taking files from custom artists and using them to turn a profit by selling them to the official servers.
http://ro-projectrevolution.blogspot.com/

Reference to this topic, as well as a community to post your artwork, or custom sprites with Expressed rights can be located here http://ro-enhance.net/index.php?showtopic=22325&st=0 (feel free to look around and make sure no one is taking your art and miscrediting you here also.)

~A17kaliva -eAthena Support Leader and Rune Clientside Moderator

a17kaliva

Sorry For the double post somehow I had a IE window Glitch...

I applaud that, you are right, pretyt much you are right.

I make a custom, I upload it here, then I leave a message on the description: "Please ask or leave a pm box to take this sprite", the only thing I ask is that specific person to at least leave his message so I can see it and cry joys of tears knowing my work is that good to cause chaos and flamewars of created this or that.

I signed up to RUNE, but I won't used my account for a long long time, reason why I love this place, I started here, like a stoop where you can sing and play the blues here you know something like that, eventually simn will remake this forum and be bigger and protective like RUNE soon, so I got no response on the suing and legalty issues, I can't stop someone from using my work, it's impossible.

Also I've seen that reptile rider (before the 3rd job) and that mecha power suit (before 3rd job as well) on a japanese site, I believe it was a she who made those, and this guy or girl must be reeking in the dough by salvaging customs to send to GRAVITY, how clever and freakin smart.

D.W.

I applaud that, you are right, pretty much you are right.

I make a custom, I upload it here, then I leave a message on the description: "Please ask or leave a message in the pm box to take this sprite", the only thing I ask is that specific person to at least leave his message and source site so I can see it and cry joys of tears knowing my work is that good to cause chaos and flamewars of created this or that.

I signed up to RUNE, but I won't used my account for a long long time, reason why I love this place, I started here, like a stoop where you can sing and play the blues here you know something like that, eventually simn will remake this forum and be bigger and protective like RUNE soon, so I got no response on the suing and legalty issues, I can't stop someone from using my work, it's impossible.

Also I've seen that reptile rider (before the 3rd job) and that mecha power suit (before 3rd job as well) on a japanese site, I believe it was a she who made those, and this guy or girl must be reeking in the dough by salvaging customs to send to GRAVITY, how clever and smart.


This place is getting more and more unstable.

a17kaliva

Heres the latest news. . .

RUNE spriter Happy has just informed me that her sprites have now been seen stolen in a "test" patch for the Official French RO server

ftp://62.23.1.11/patch01/2008-10-15data_test.gpf
Her Zonda(girl) NPC, two of her hairstyles, and someone else's hat (unknown artist). Funny thing is, on her hairstyles the credit frame is still there...

Again I Warn Everyone here to again copyright or file your works with a state/country office. Also make sure people know there is no PUBLIC DOMAIN for files found on this site without the authors EXPRESSLY IMPLIED Approval.

If an official server is using stolen sprites, whos to say that any one of your files won't be used for monetary gain?

D.W.

a17kaliva wrote:
Heres the latest news. . .

RUNE spriter Happy has just informed me that her sprites have now been seen stolen in a "test" patch for the Official French RO server

ftp://62.23.1.11/patch01/2008-10-15data_test.gpf
Her Zonda(girl) NPC, two of her hairstyles, and someone else's hat (unknown artist). Funny thing is, on her hairstyles the credit frame is still there...

Again I Warn Everyone here to again copyright or file your works with a state/country office. Also make sure people know there is no PUBLIC DOMAIN for files found on this site without the authors EXPRESSLY IMPLIED Approval.

If an official server is using stolen sprites, whos to say that any one of your files won't be used for monetary gain?


Our copyright won't do jack, our voices won't be heard, we use there sprites and thats illegal, so therefore we can't win. Or maybe I can't heh.

demoneyeskyo

Whatever happened to making art for the sake of art? There's Pepsi Commercials with Beatles songs, everything get's stolen and abused in the end. If making sprites makes you happy, then shouldn't that be enough?

Truth is unless you register your photos with a site that has international copyrights (with legal retainers) or has better security than this one or copyright it yourself. You should not be surprised seeing your stuff jacked. You can always work out a deal with those servers to make money (like advertising, promotionals, etcetera etcetera). It's a good way to expand your portfolio.

The point being I haven't seen any documentation posted here substantiating any legal recourse. Even if you could, your screenshots mean nothing in court, because those pics can be falsified and are hard to prove even with timestamps and the command line for where the pic was saved (programsfiles/RO/screens). Remember you have to prove your case in court to win and can be fined for wasting a court's time (depends on the judge and your case).

Also unless your sprite is 100% custom (recoloring, painting over a previous sprite for framework, or anything else that wasn't yours doesn't count), then you have no legal rights to the picture. If your work was also inspired by anything or resembles anything (like video games, anime or whatever), then you can be sued for infringing on that person's right of mental conception. If you were to take that type of work to court, you would end up being in the same boat as the ripper.

Further, some countries have different copyright laws (example is that Sweden has none). So if you were to take someone to court in a different country, you would need an international courts lawyer. Which will be very expensive.

I'm not saying to stop posting on this great site, but expect to be "flattered" by rippers. Remember that anything and everything on the net is up for grabs in one way or another. I would say post and expect to be ripped, save your major works for your encrypted servers.

Remember unless you've actually gone to court for these types of things or understand law , you shouldn't act like you know what you are talking about (to kaliva). While now of days you can sue for almost anything, your counterclaim would be rejected unless you could prove that the conversation was in a harassing manner and you were not at fault in the beginning. I.E. If I say I'm going to sue you for ripping something that is 100% mine, then say "Whatever" and you countersuit me with harassment I still can prove in the session that you are at fault by countering your countersuit with my original case.

The last thing I will say is Gravity holds the rights to most things RO, including concept. Any legal action taken against someone could potentially bring them into it. I know we all use different color pallets and use Eathena's engine, but if your sprite has anything to with anything in RO, then Gravity has rights. Just as an example take the girl dressed like the Owl Baron in the button bar, because she is dressed as an Owl Baron you can not claim legal rights to that image. Her outfit is a design concept owned by Gravity and as long as they update there will be no statue of limitations.

Hope this was helpful and GL to everyone in the search of customizing and for art. Also if you wish to copyright or know what rights you have as an artist, talk to a lawyer. Consultations for most firms are free. Also sorry for reviving a long dead thread, but I did it to help
Times are changing

Tress

What about getting one of those free international copyrights online? Or at least the websites that chronodate your image(along with PSD) to verify its yours?
http://www.makairealms.com/forums
Users logged in:

Stats:

There are 5034 pictures online, uploaded by 761 different users. 24446 registered users posted 7164 comments.